So, you're looking to move to marquette, eh?
We know the prospects of moving to a new place can be overwhelming, no matter where and when it may be. That’s why we’ve worked with our partners around town to create this comprehensive relocation guide, to answer your most pressing questions. From housing to childcare, job and remote work resources to local food markets, scroll below to access a guide to living in Marquette, MI.
Want to chat with someone here, already living, working, and playing in the Queen City? Well, you’re in luck. Marquette is graced with passionate community members and through a collaboration with our friends at Connect Marquette we’ve launched a program to help connect locals already here with those looking to relocate. Click the link below to learn more.
You May Also Like...
What is the “West End”? And why would one choose to move there? We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to answer these questions and more.
It’s not secret that rural is back. Let’s talk about what you can expect from the adventure of moving to Marquette from a big city.
Your Marquette Relocation Guide
** Please note, the information presented below is a combination of passion and research, our team and partners do not specifically endorse any of the organizations and welcome suggestions in every category.
Garbage, Recycling, and Composting
- City of Marquette
- Marquette County Solid Waste Management Authority
- North Country Disposal
- Waste Management
- Many find success in finding rentals on Facebook. Aside from Marketplace here are a few groups to keep an eye on:
- NMU’s Off-Campus Housing List
- While Zillow is a failsafe in many communities, when looking for rentals it’s not as widely utilized unless you are looking to purchase a home here in Marquette.
- Property management companies can be a great help and can advise you on a location that best suits your needs. We do recommend reaching out as soon as possible as many have waitlists.
- Pet friendly can be tough to find, depending on your budget Harbor Vista and One Marquette Place does allow pets.
- If you’re ok driving a bit KI Sawyer has beautiful apartments that are 30 minutes away
- Negaunee and Ishpeming have very reasonable-priced rentals with only a 10-15 minute commute, these areas may also be more likely to allow pets.
- Make sure you are pre-approved
- Begin your search at least 6 months prior to your move date
- If you are looking to spend less for more square footage consider outlying communities like Harvey (5-10 minutes from MQT), Negaunee (10 minutes from MQT), Ishpeming (20 minutes from MQT), and Gwinn (30 minutes from MQT),
- We cannot give recommendations on specific realtors but know there are many talented and knowledgeable professionals in the county. We have gained a lot of knowledge from working with Stephanie Jones as well as the Artisan Real Estate Group in Marquette.
- Sign up for our parent organization, Innovate Marquette, newsletter here, scroll to the bottom of our website to subscribe. We always try to include local job listings that our partners send our way.
- HireScore by Stang Decision Systems
- WorkLiveUP is like the LinkedIn or Indeed of the Upper Peninsula for jobs!
- Reach out to Connect Marquette, a local group that helps integrate and connect both local and transplants to areas of interest in the community.
- Manpower Group
- Check out our Return North event page. Return North is a U.P.-wide virtual and in-person career fair aimed to connect professionals in all walks of life with job opportunities here in the U.P.
- Beehive Daycare | (906) 226-7836
- Discovery Central
- Head Start
- Kids Club Child Development Center
- Little Friends Children’s Center | (906) 475-4942
- Mister McGregor’s Garden | (906) 226-6101
- Redeemer Lutheran Child Care Center
- WeeCare Childcare Services
K-12 Schools in Marquette County
- Advantedge Training
- Anytime Fitness
- BlackFly Crossfit
- Fit Body Boot Camp
- Marquette Health Club
- Purebody Fitness
- Tom Stone Fitworks
- Superior Fitness
- Synergy Fitness
Yoga Studios and Wellness
Small Markets/Party Stores
- Cals Party Store
- Everyday Wines
- EZ Stop: 975 Ontario Ave, Marquette, MI 49855
- Marquette Meats
- Superior Blue Link Party Store: 410 N 3rd St, Marquette, MI 49855
- White’s Party Store
- Wright Place: 920 Wright St, Marquette, MI 49855
Farm to Table
CSA Farms in Marquette County
People of Marquette
83 miles of lakeshore, 40+ miles of trails, and a thriving community, but what really makes Marquette? It’s the people. Through our People of Marquette series, we’re humbled to bring you stories of those who’ve planted roots and continue to build the foundations of our community.
When NYC shut down and Kasey Scheibe was given the option to work remotely Marquette was the last place she & husband John expected to land.
Entrepreneurship, remote work, and craft beer, all mixed into an outdoor lifestyle. Find out why Marquette was the ideal location for Barrel + Beam owners to plant their roots.